1/14 Cubs Convention schedule
Are you headed to the Cubs Convention this weekend? Here’s the schedule for Saturday and Sunday seminars at the Hilton Chicago:
* The Ricketts Family Forum. Tom, Pete, Laura and Todd Ricketts will answer questions about the Wrigley renovation plans, the state of the team, and the possibility of a Ron Santo statue.
* Meet Cubs Management. It’s your turn to ask GM Jim Hendry and manager Mike Quade questions about player moves. What do they do with all the pitchers? Who will lead off? Greg Maddux was scheduled to attend but he had to cancel because of a family emergency and will not attend the convention.
* Pitching Evolution. New pitching coach Mark Riggins plus Kerry Wood, Andrew Cashner, Randy Wells, Jeff Samardzija, and Sean Marshall will take the podium.
* Future of Cubs Facilities. Team president Crane Kenny and others will discuss Wrigley Field, the Mesa, Ariz., Spring Training project and the Dominican Republic academy.
* For Kids Only. This is always entertaining. Marlon Byrd, Justin Berg, Casey Coleman, Blake DeWitt and Carlos Pena will take questions.
* The “Q Factor:” This will be Quade’s first chance to deal with the fans as the Cubs manager. He’s been prepped this week with questions during the Cubs Caravan.
* Battery Talk: Geovany Soto and Koyie Hill will discuss the relationship with the pitchers along with Carlos Zambrano and Tom Gorzelany.
* On the Road with No. 10: WGN Radio’s Pat Hughes will join Cory Provus, Andy Masur and Judd Sirott to talk about Ron Santo.
* Meet Cubs Business Management: Kenney, marketing chief Wally Hayward and others will discuss plans for Wrigley and beyond.
* Remembering Ronnie: Santo’s former teammates will share stories. Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Fergie Jenkins, Glenn Beckert, Randy Hundley, Jose Cardenal and Milt Pappas are scheduled to attend.
* Dominican Way of Life: Aramis Ramirez, Carlos Pena and Starlin Castro will discuss baseball in the Dominican Republic.
* The 25 Club: Tyler Colvin, Darwin Barney, Scott Maine and James Russell talk about being young Cubs in Chicago.
* Down on the Farm: Player development director Oneri Fleita and scouting director Tim Wilken will discuss the farm system.
– Carrie Muskat