5/29 Cubs roster moves
The Cubs made some changes Sunday to the roster:
* Catcher Geovany Soto was activated from the disabled list. He went 0-for-7 in two rehab starts with Double-A Tennessee. He’d been sidelined with a strained groin.
* Welington Castillo was optioned to Triple-A Iowa to make room for Soto.
* Reed Johnson was placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 26, because of back spasms.
* Outfielder Brad Snyder’s contract was purchased fromIowa and he was in Chicago on Sunday.
* To make room for Snyder on the 40-man roster, Andrew Cashner was transferred from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL.
– Carrie Muskat