8/6 About last night …
Some notes from Friday’s 4-3 win over the Reds:
* Starlin Castro has scored a run in a career-high seven straight games. It’s the longest streak by a Cubs player since Ryan Theriot also scored in seven straight Aug. 9-16, 2010. The last to score in eight or more consecutive games was Derrek Lee, who did so in nine straight Sept. 7-16, 2009.
* Castro now has 42 multi-hit games, the most by a Cubs shortstop since Theriot had 51 in 2009. The single-season high for a Cubs shortstop is 58, set by Theriot in 2008.
* Tyler Colvin ended an 0-for-19 skid at Wrigley Field with his home run on Friday. Eleven of his 24 career homers have come at Wrigley. All four of his career hits against the Reds’ Mike Leake have been home runs.
* Aramis Ramirez recorded his 248th double as a Cub, and is seven shy of passing Wildfire Schulte for 14th on the franchise all-time list. Ramirez is hitting .373 with 15 runs, seven doubles, nine homers and 19 RBIs in his last 20 games.
* The Cubs have hit 12 homers in their last four games, the most since also hitting a dozen Sept. 19-23, 2007.
* The Cubs have opened August 5-0 for the first time since they went 6-0 in August 1969.
– Carrie Muskat