8/7 Cubs lineup & notes
Tony Campana is back in the Cubs lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Reds. He’ll start in left field with Tyler Colvin in right against Bronson Arroyo. Randy Wells gets the start. Here’s the lineup:
Some early notes:
* The Cubs rank third in the National League in most home runs since the All-Star break with 25. The Phillies have hit 29 and the Cardinals 27.
* Cubs starters have 15 quality starts in their last 22 games, and a 2.13 ERA and 11-4 record in those 15 games. In the seven non-quality starts, they have compiled a 10.69 ERA.
* Starlin Castro leads the NL and is third in the Major Leagues with 148 hits. He has 15 in his last six games and is on pace for 210 this season. He has 19 games with three or more hits, most in the NL and second in the Major Leagues. He ranks second in the NL with 43 multi-hit games.
* A win Sunday would give the Cubs an eight-game win streak in the same year it lost eight in a row (May 30-June 7). The last time it had both winning and losing streaks of eight straight games was in 2001 (lost eight May 10-18, won 12 May 19-June 2).
* Looking ahead to the upcoming series against the Nationals, here are the pitching matchups:
Monday: Chien-Ming Wang (0-2, 6.00) vs. Matt Garza (5-8, 3.78)
Tuesday: Ross Detwiler (1-1, 2.66) vs. Rodrigo Lopez (2-3, 5.17)
Wednesday: Jordan Zimmerman (7-9, 3.12) vs. Ryan Dempster (9-8, 4.87)
— Carrie Muskat