4/17 Dempster casino night May 9
Mark your calendars for May 9 for the third annual Dempster Foundation Casino Night at the Palmer House in Chicago. Singer and songwriter Crystal Bowersox, a contestant on “American Idol,” will join Chicago’s own John Vincent to entertain guests at the event. If you buy your ticket before Friday, you’ll be entered into a drawing for an upgrade to a VIP party. Tickets are $175 for general admission, $300 for two people, general admission; and $1,000 for two VIP tickets.
Among the items to be available to bid on at the auction will be:
* Authentic baseball autographed by both baseball legends Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.
* Ryder Cup Golf Tournament Package
* Fergie Jenkins & Ryan Dempster Autographed Authentic Stadium Seat
* 2011-2012 Chicago Blackhawks Team Signed Stick
*Albert Pujols Autographed Baseball
* Don Mattingly Autographed Baseball Bat
*Autographed Ryan Dempster Authentic Chicago Cubs Jersey
* Sammy Sosa Autographed Baseball
* Ernie Banks Autographed Jersey
* Behind the Scenes Experience at MLB Network
* “Man Cave” Electronics Package from Abt Electronics
* Giovanni Clothes, Inc., Custom-Made Zegma Suit
*Autographed and Framed Cubs Hall of Fame Legends Poster
* Chicago Cubs Honorary Bat Boy for a Day Experience
Proceeds benefit the Ryan and Jenny Dempster Family Foundation in their fight against 22q (also known as DiGeorge Syndrome). Dempster’s daughter Riley has DiGeorge syndrome, a chromosome abnormality that can cause a wide range of health and developmental issues. Since its inception in January 2010, the foundation has raised more than $1.1 million.
– Carrie Muskat