4/24 Extra bases
* The Cubs enter Tuesday’s game without a home run since Bryan LaHair’s grand slam in the third inning April 13. That’s nine games ago. The last longest homerless streak was 10 games from June 30-July 13, 2007.
* Starlin Castro has reached base safely in 56 of his last 57 games starting last Aug. 15. He has a .362 on-base percentage and .314 batting average in that stretch.
* At least one Cubs hitter has reached base safely via an error in six straight games, dating to April 18 in Miami. Conversely, opponents have reached base because of a Cubs error 13 times this year, most in the Major Leagues.
* LaHair ranks fifth in the National League in pitches per plate appearance, averaging 4.20.
* The Cubs have not had a save situation in the last 14 games since April 8 against the Nationals. That’s the longest stretch since a 20-game streak July 25-Aug. 14, 2007.
— Carrie Muskat