5/11 Extra bases
* In the last three games, the Cubs starting pitchers have gone seven innings and given up one run or none. That last happened July 29-31, 2008, against the Brewers when Carlos Zambrano, Ryan Dempster and Rich Harden did so. According to Elias Sports Bureau, the last time they went four straight games of seven innings with one run or none was July 29-31, 1984, when Steve Trout, Scott Sanderson, Dennis Eckersley and Rich Bordi did so.
* Bryan LaHair has reached base safely in 27 straight games. Taht’s the longest in the National League this season and third-longest in the Major Leagues.
* LaHair has 17 RBIs in his last 21 games.
* Jeff Baker will make his second start in right field Friday. He’s batting .231 overall, and is 2-for-9 vs. left-handers and 4-for-17 vs. right-handers this season. Right-handed batters are hiting .349 against Milwaukee’s Randy Wolf, while lefties are hitting .290.
* Geovany Soto was 2-for-17 in the just completed homestand. Adrian Cardenas is still looking for his first Major League hit.
* Pitching matchups vs. the Brewers:
Friday: Matt Garza vs. Randy Wolf
Saturday: Chris Volstad vs. Shaun Marcum
Sunday: Jeff Samardzija vs. Marco Estrada
– Carrie Muskat