6/4 Cubs lineup & extra bases
It’s raining now in San Francisco but the woman at the coffee shop this morning promised it will stop in time for the Cubs to close their four-game series against the Giants.
* The Cubs have lost 15 of their last 18 games, and eight of those games have been decided by one run. They’ve lost their last 10 games on the road, starting May 15. The last time they dropped 11 in a row away from Wrigley Field was June 18-29, 1954.
* The Cubs have scored a run in nine of their last 81 innings on the road, and only three of those innings have featured a crooked number.
* Alfonso Soriano has eight home runs in his last 18 games starting May 15 and is tied with the White Sox’s Dayan Viciedo for the most in the Majors starting at that date. Soriano also is batting .286 (18-for-63) with four doubles, eight homers, 14 RBIs and a .730 slugging percentage in his last 18 games.
* The Cubs ‘pen has given up two runs on 16 2/3 innings in the last week.
* Here’s Monday’s lineup:
* Looking ahead to the next stop on this long, long road trip, the Cubs open a three-game series Tuesday in Milwaukee.
Tuesday: RHP Ryan Dempster (0-3, 2.90) vs. RHP Yovani Gallardo (4-4, 4.22)
Wednesday: LHP Paul Maholm (4-4, 4.82) vs. RHP Zack Greinke (6-2, 3.46)
Thursday: RHP Matt Garza (2-4, 4.10) vs. LHP Randy Wolf (2-5, 6.05)
– Carrie Muskat