6/8 Extra bases
* The Cubs and Twins meet in Minneapolis this weekend for the first time in six years, opening a three-game series at Target Field Friday night. This is the end of a long road trip for the Cubs that will cover 6,770 air miles over three weeks.
* Target Field is the 120th different ballpark the Cubs will have played in since their inception in 1876. It’s also the second new ballpark for the Cubs this year, joining Marlins Park, where they played in April. The Cubs are 11-11 in their last 22 ballpark debuts.
* How bad have things been offensively? The Cubs have combined to score 109 runs in 19 wins, an average of 5.7 runs per win, yet only scored 95 runs in the 38 losses for an average of 2.5 runs per loss.
* They’ve lost 18 of their last 22 games, and 10 of those losses have come by one run.
* The Cubs are 103-120 all-time in Interleague play since it began in 1997.
– Carrie Muskat