6/13 Wood bowling tourney June 27
Kerry Wood and his wife Sarah will host the Strike Zone Celebrity Bowling Tournament on June 27 from 7:30-10:30 p.m. CT at the 10pin Bowling Lounge in Chicago to benefit the Wood Family Foundation. There will be a silent auction this year, and it’s already up and running online. Check out the items at www.WoodFamilyFoundation.org — you have until 10:00pm CT on June 26 to submit a bid there. The auction will continue live at the event where online bidders will be represented by proxy. The auction will close at the end of the evening at the event, with online winners being contacted shortly thereafter.
Some of the items include:
* Cubs-themed golf cart signed by the team
* Autographed memorabilia, including a Derek Jeter Yankees jersey, Tony Esposito Blackhawks jersey, and numerous game-used Cubs items
* Fishing trip with Kerry
* Bowling with Theo Epstein
* Chance to throw out he first pitch at Wrigley Field
* Tickets to a taping of Saturday Night Live
* A private meet and greet with WWE Superstar CM Punk
The Wood Family Foundation was founded in June 2011 by Kerry and his wife. The foundation works to improve the lives of children in and around Chicago by raising funds and awareness for its children’s programs and other children’s charities they support. The WFF acts as an advocate for children in the Chicago community, inspiring others to join them in their mission of giving children the resources they need to succeed.
Individual tickets (standing room only) are $1,000 per person & $10,000 per sponsored lane (4 bowlers + 4 guests). Go to WoodFamilyFoundation.org for more information.
– Carrie Muskat