7/3 Extra bases
* Anthony Rizzo recorded the game-winning RBI in three of his first five games. According to Elias Sports Bureau, he’s the first Cubs player in franchise history to accomplish the feat since the RBI was made an official stat in 1920. Of Rizzo’s five RBIs, four have given the Cubs the lead, and the other has tied the game.
* Darwin Barney’s errorless streak has reached 66 games and 543 1/3 innings since his last miscue in the eighth inning April 17 in Miami. The last Cubs middle infielder with a longer streak than 66 games was Mike Fontenot, who had a 90-game stretch from May 7, 2008-June 30, 2009.
* Alfonso Soriano is one of three Major League left fielders to have handled at least 100 total chances without an error this year. His 2.16 chances per nine innings ranks third among NL left fielders.
* Soriano needs two extra-base hits to reach 800. David DeJesus needs to score two runs to reach 600.
* Cubs pitchers have a 3.74 ERA when rookie Steve Clevenger is behind the plate, and a 4.61 ERA when Geovany Soto is there.
— Carrie Muskat