9/5 Extra bases
* With right-handed pitchers Jaye Chapman and Miguel Socolovich and catcher Anthony Recker making their Cubs debuts on Tuesday, the team has used a single-season record 52 different players. The old mark was 51 set in 2000.
* The Cubs have used 20 rookies, the most since they played 20 rookies in 1974. Eleven of the 20 are pitchers. On Tuesday, the Cubs used seven rookie pitchers in a single game for the first time in franchise history. They had used six in one game five times.
* The Cubs have had 11 players make their big league debut this season, their most since 11 did so in 2010.
* With Chapman and Socolovich making their appearances, the Cubs have used 29 pitchers. That surpasses the previous franchise single-season high of 25 used in 1999.
* The Cubs have lost 18 of their last 21 games on the road since the All-Star Break, including 14 of their last 15 road contests since the beginning of August.
– Carrie Muskat