4/23 Extra bases
* David DeJesus’ leadoff home run Monday was the 13th of his career.
* Starlin Castro singled in the third to extend his hitting streak to 14 games, tops in the Major Leagues and matching his career high.
* Carlos Marmol threw two scoreless innings, and now has six straight scoreless outings dating to April 8.
* Luis Valbuena has hit safely in nine of his last 13 games.
* Cubs starting pitchers rank third in the NL with a 3.11 ERA, but they have a 3-10 record. The relievers rank 12th in the NL with a 4.86 ERA. The team is batting .147 with runners in scoring position.
* Matt Garza will make a Minor League rehab start Wednesday for Double-A Tennessee, weather permitting.
* Ian Stewart was 1-for-3 with two RBIs Monday for Triple-A Iowa, and now is 2-for-20 in six games.
* On Tuesday, Carlos Villanueva faces Tony Cingrani at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
— Carrie Muskat