4/23 Extra bases
* Cody Ransom made the most of his Cubs debut. He homered on the first pitch he saw, and is the first Cubs player to hit a home run in his first at-bat since Starlin Castro did so on May 7, 2010, also in Cincinnati. Ransom also homered in his first at-bat with the Yankees in 2008.
* Carlos Villanueva now has a 1.53 ERA in four starts, and has four quality starts.
* Starlin Castro’s 14-game hitting streak came to an end. He went 0-for-4.
* Dave Sappelt, Alfonso Soriano and Julio Borbon each stole a base for the Cubs, and finished with four as Soriano swiped two in one inning. The four stolen bases by the team is a season high.
* Kevin Gregg picked up his first save since Sept. 24, 2011.