7/13 Braves 10, Cubs 7
* Arismendy Alcantara went 2-for-5, hitting his first big league home run in the sixth. He’s hit safely in four straight games and was batting .391 (9-for-23) with six runs, three doubles, a triple, a home run and five RBIs in five games since making his big league debut.
* After posting a .147 average in May and a .232 mark in June, Chris Coghlan was batting .435 (20-for-46) with eight doubles, three homers, and 12 RBIs in 13 July games.
* Travis Wood took the loss, giving up seven runs on seven hits while walking three and striking out four over six innings. It’s the most runs Wood has allowed at Wrigley Field since giving up eight in five innings on July 27, 2012, vs. the Cardinals. Wood issued lead-off walks in three straight innings.
* The Cubs have given up 10 or more runs in back-to-back home games for the first time since May 12 (13 vs. MIL) and May 21 (12 vs. PIT) in 2002.
* The Cubs have lost back-to-back games despite scoring six or more runs for the first time since losing four-straight from Aug. 27-30, 2006.