8/18 Cubs 4, Mets 1
* Kyle Hendricks posted his sixth straight quality start Monday, leading the Cubs to a 4-1 win over the Mets. He gave up one run over seven innings. He’s the first Cubs rookie to have six straight QS since Kerry Wood put together two seven-game streaks in 1998. Hendricks has a 5-1 record and 1.05 ERA in his last six games.
* Javier Baez hit his fifth home run, a two-run shot into the upper deck, in the ninth. He has tied Kevin Roberson (1993) and Carmelo Martinez (1983) as Cubs with five home runs in their first 14 games.
* Anthony Rizzo hit his 28th home run in the eighth inning. It’s his third in his last seven games. He trails the Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton, who has 32 homers.
* With the win, the Cubs now have won more games in August than they did last year, when they were 8-20 in August 2013.
* Matt Szczur made his first Major League start in left field, subbing for Chris Coghlan, who has been battling a sore left big toe.