8/20 Cubs 2, Giants 0 – Tuesday
* Anthony Rizzo homered for the second-straight game, hitting a two-run shot in the first over the right field bleachers onto Sheffield Ave. It’s the seventh time this season in which he’s homered in consecutive games. Rizzo’s 239 total bases are second-best in the National League. He had 254 total bases in 160 games last season. Javier Baez drew a walk to set up Rizzo’s home run.
* Tsuyoshi Wada picked up his third straight win, throwing a rain-shortened five-inning complete game. Wada has a 2.08 ERA (7 ER/30 1/3 IP) while walking five and striking out 26 over his last five starts.
* Arismendy Alcantara has hit safely in four of his last five games (.250/4-for-16).
* The Cubs have won three-straight games for the first time since winning four in a row, June 30-July 4.
* Tuesday marked the Cubs’ first suspended game since May 1, 2007, at Pittsburgh, when the game was suspended in the bottom of the seventh with one out and the Cubs leading, 6-5. That game was completed the next day, and the Cubs won, 8-6.
* Tuesday’s game was delayed 4 hours 34 minutes before it was called.