#Cubs lineup vs Royals for Fri 5/29
Jake Arrieta takes the mound on Friday when the Cubs play host to the Royals at Wrigley Field to kick off an Interleague series. It’s Kansas City’s first trip to Wrigley since July 2001. First pitch is scheduled for 3:05 p.m. CT. Here’s the lineup:
* Cubs batters lead the Majors in strikeouts (451), while Royals batters have struck out the fewest times (259).
* This is Royals hitting coach Dale Sveum’s first time back at Wrigley since he was dismissed as manager of the Cubs after the 2013 season.
* Over their four-game losing streak, the Royals have been outscored 29-5
( The Cubs have lost four of their last six games, and have scored eight runs in those four contests.
* Friday’s starter, Edinson Volquez, has been the Royals best. He’s won each of his last two starts, defeating the Yankees 6-0 and then beat the Cards 3-2. In those two starts, he allowed two runs in 13 innings (1.38 ERA). Volquez is 7-0, 2.90 ERA lifetime vs. the Cubs. That’s over 11 games (10 starts) and 59 innings.
* Arrieta has posted quality starts in his last three outings, but wasn’t happy with his last start vs. the D-backs when
he gave up three earned runs over six innings in a 9-6 win. Arrieta is 11-5 with a 2.12 ERA in 23 career starts at Wrigley. . He’s allowed one run or fewer in seven of his last nine home starts.
* Starlin Castro had two hits on Wednesday, but he’s had a rough month. In his last 28 games, he’s batting .218 (24-110 AB), with a .250 OBP and .273 SLG. He has one home run, scored seven runs and has struck out 25 times.
* In Kris Bryant’s last 18 games, he has seven home runs, 18 RBIs and a .636 slugging percentage.
* The Royals bullpen has a 1.84 ERA in 152 IP, best ERA in baseball. The Cubs bullpen has a 4.07 ERA in 137 IP, and the ERA ranks 22nd in baseball.