#Cubs to wear throwback uniforms vs Royals
Today marks the 100th anniversary of when the defending champion Chicago Whales of the short-lived Federal League hosted the Kansas City Packers in a game at Clark and Addison streets. The ballpark at that time was known as Weeghman Park. Tonight, the Cubs and Royals will wear throwback jerseys to commemorate the occasion.
The first 10,000 fans at the game will receive a Chicago Whales Replica Throwback Jersey presented by Benjamin Moore. The Royals will wear throwback Kansas City Federal League uniforms, while the bases used during the game will feature Weeghman Park commemorative base jewels.
* After scoring five runs during their season-high four-game losing skid, the Royals snapped that streak with an 8-4 win Friday in the series opener. The Cubs have lost four of their last five games.
* The Cubs bullpen has posted a 4.96 ERA dating back to May 3. In his last 13 appearances, Pedro Strop has allowed 12 runs – 10 earned – over 11 2/3 innings for a 7.71 ERA.
* Tsuyoshi Wada will start for the Cubs. In his first two starts, Wada has allowed three earned runs over 10 innings while striking out 15. Wada replaced Travis Wood in the Cubs’ rotation earlier this month.
* Wada better be careful. Only the Blue Jays (.314) have a higher AVG vs. LHP than the Royals (.293) this year.
* Addison Russell is 6-for-12 with three doubles and a homer over his last three games.
* Over his last 19 games, Kris Bryant is slashing .300/.378/.643 with seven HR, 19 RBI.
* Over his last seven games, Jorge Soler is 9-for-26 AB (.346) with four doubles and a homer.