#Cubs lineup: Hendricks goes for 1st home win
Kyle Hendricks starts Wednesday night as the Cubs face the Dodgers in Game 3 of their four-game series at Wrigley Field. Here’s the lineup:
* Hendricks lost to the Twins on Friday after allowing a career-high seven runs (six earned) over five innings. The Cubs have won four of Hendricks’ five home starts this season, but he does not have a “W” at home.
* Anthony Rizzo is batting .357 (10-for-28) with four homers, two doubles, and six RBIs in his last seven games.
* Dexter Fowler is day-to-day with a sprained ankle. He was injured MOnday.
* The Dodgers’ Yasiel Puig has hit .486 with six extra-base hits and 13 runs scored in nine career games at Wrigley Field. With a hit, he’d join Neil Walker and Ray Lankford as the only players in the last four decades to hit safely in each of their first 10 games at Wrigley.
* With Joc Pederson’s next home run, the Dodgers rookie will join Dave Kingman (1972) and Albert Pujols (2001) as the only NL rookies with at least 20 home runs by the All-Star break since 1933.
* The Dodgers’ Adrian Gonzalez is batting .169 with two extra-base hits and one run scored in his last 17 games.
* Chris Coghlan owns MLB’s longest active games played streak at 133 consecutive games played entering Wednesday. The streak began on July 23 of last season.
* Kris Bryant has hit seven of his 10 homers at Wrigley Field this year. He owns a .622 SLG in 28 home games compared to a .371 SLG in 33 games on the road.