#Cubs Theo on contract: It’s not a concern

Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said Friday he and team owner Tom Ricketts will likely have conversations this spring about a new contract, but emphasized it was not a concern at this point.

“I’m sure those conversations will take place in a natural course of events,” Epstein said in Mesa, Ariz. “Spring Training is always a good time to have those type of conversations. There’s nothing scheduled and no sense of urgency. We agree on the fundamentals that I want to be here and I think [Ricketts] wants us here. It’ll take care of itself.”

Epstein signed a five-year contract with the Cubs in October 2011.

“This is a special place and a special time to be in this place,” Epstein said of the Cubs, who reached the postseason last year for the first time since he took over.

— Carrie Muskat

6 Comments

Pingback: Theo Epstein Maintains on Same Page with Cubs Ownership, Says No Sense of Urgency about Extension - Chicago Cubs Online

Since Fowler has finally found a home with the Orioles, it`s my understanding the Cubs will receive the overall 28th draft pick. Please correct me, if I`m mistaken.

jhosk, the Cubs lose the 28th pick for the signing of Lackey the way I understand it. It is very confusing.
With the O’s signing Fowler, the Cubs do get their 2nd Round pick back.

The Cubs never lost their 2nd round pick.

That’s not correct. When the Fowler deal is complete, the Cubs’ first selection will be in the second round

They would have lost the second round pick, if Dexter had not signed.
That is correct!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: