Results tagged ‘ Andrew Cashner; Rich Harden ’
Milton Bradley showed up at Cubs camp feeling ill on Friday and was sent home. Bradley was lifted from Thursday’s game after drawing a walk because of tightness in his left quad, and told Cubs athletic trainer Mark O’Neal he was still sore Friday. He’s not expected to play this weekend.
Other news and notes:
- Rich Harden will throw to hitters for the first time this spring on Saturday. Harden isn’t ready for games yet.
- The Cubs will use a designated hitter on Saturday against the White Sox. Aramis Ramirez may get the assignment.
- No truth to the rumor that Lou Piniella is trying to get Micah Hoffpauir in every game this spring. It just seems that way.
- Piniella is very high on Andrew Cashner, the Cubs’ 2008 first round draft pick. “He’s a good looking kid,” Piniella said. “He has a very simple delivery, he can duplicate his pitches. This kid is going to come along very quick. He might not spend too much time in the Minors.”
- Sunday’s matchup in Peoria will be interesting. Ryan Dempster will face San Diego’s Jake Peavy. This winter, the Cubs and Padres discussed a possible trade for Peavy.
— Carrie Muskat