Results tagged ‘ Duane Underwood ’
* Iowa’s game vs. Oklahoma City was postponed because of rain, and will be made up April 20 as part of a doubleheader. On Sunday, Barret Loux was scheduled to start for the I-Cubs.
* Albert Almora went 5-for-5 and Wilson Contreras hit a three-run homer in the sixth to lead Tennessee to a 7-1 win over Pensacola. Felix Pena gave up one run on four hits over six innings for his second quality start.
* Duane Underwood gave up one run on two hits over six innings in Myrtle Beach’s 4-1 win over Winston Salem in the first game of a doubleheader. Shawon Dunston Jr. had two hits, including his second triple, and stole a base. In the second game, Paul Blackburn gave up three earned runs over five innings for the win and Ben Carhart hit his first homer in an 8-4 victory. Jeimer Candelario had two hits, both doubles.
* Trey Martin had two hits in South Bend’s 5-4 loss to Great Lakes.
* Javier Baez was placed on Iowa’s seven-day disabled list because of a sprained left ankle, suffered Friday while taking ground balls during batting practice. He was 4-for-26 with a double, two home runs and three RBIs in eight games so far.
* Outfielder Jae-Hoon Ha has been transferred to Tennessee from Triple-A Iowa. Ha has played for Tennessee in each of the last three seasons. In a corresponding move, infielder Giuseppe Papaccio has been transferred from Tennessee to Extended Spring Training. He was hitless in two pinch-hit appearances. Left-hander Austin Kirk has been transferred from High-A Daytona to Tennessee. In two relief outings for Daytona, Kirk gave up four earned runs over 4 1/3 innings. Right-handed reliever Frank Batista has been transferred to Extended Spring Training from Tennessee.
* Pitcher Duane Underwood has joined Kane County from the Cubs’ spring training complex in Arizona while pitcher Scott Frazier has been transferred to Arizona. Underwood is active and scheduled to start Sunday’s game. Underwood, a second round pick in 2012, went 3-4 with a 4.97 ERA at Short-A Boise in 2013. Underwood is one of three 19 year olds on the roster, joining fellow starting pitcher Jen-Ho Tseng and infielder Carlos Penalver.
Iowa reached the All-Star break with a 48-50 record, and is tied for first in the PCL Northern Division.
Tennessee reached the All-Star break with a 16-8 second half record, and is in first place in the Southern League North Division.
Zeke DeVoss hit his fifth home run in Daytona’s 8-4 loss to Jupiter. Zach Cates took the loss, giving up four earned runs over five innings.
Gioskar Amaya had three hits and one RBI in Kane County’s 7-4 win over West Michigan. Albert Almora had two hits, and Daniel Vogelbach and Wilson Contreras each had three hits.
Duane Underwood gave up one run on eight hits over five innings in Boise’s 7-4 win over Hillsboro. Justin Marra and Jose Dore each homered forthe Hawks.
Alberto Mineo had two hits in Mesa’s 8-4 loss to the Athletics. Charcer Burks posted his first pro multi-hit game, going 2-for-4 with one RBI.
Junior Lake and Luis Flores each homered in Iowa’s 9-5, 10-inning win over Albuquerque. Ty Wright had three hits and one RBIs. Casey Coleman picked up the win in relief.
Eric Jokisch gave up one run over six innings in Tennessee’s 4-1 win over Huntsville. Justin Bour hit his seventh home run and Christian Villanueva had three hits.
Daytona ended a two-game losing streak with a 3-1 win over Brevard County. Ben Wells threw seven shutout innings. Tim Saunders and Dustin Geiger each homered.
Gloskar Amaya had three hits, including a home run, in Kane County’s 7-4 win over Quad Cities. Dan Vogelbach and Marco Hernandez each had two hits. Dillon Maples picked up his first save.
Duane Underwood gave up two runs over 4 2/3 innings in Boise’s 7-5 loss to Tri-City. Dan Lockhart had three hits.
Jesse Hodges had three hits, a stolen base and one RBIs in Mesa’s 2-1 win over the Angels.