Results tagged ‘ Junior Lake ’
* Javier Baez was 2-for-4 with a double, one RBI, a walk and struck out once in Santurce’s 9-1 win over Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican league championship. Baez hit a RBI single in the second, and hit a double and scored a run in the eighth. He was intentionally walked in the ninth with one out and runners at second and third. Santurce now leads the best-of-seven series, 3-2. Game 6 was scheduled for Tuesday.
* Junior Lake went 2-for-4, hitting a two-run homer in the eighth, in Estrellas’ 12-5 loss to Gigantes in the Dominican Republic championship series.
* Junior Lake was 1-for-2 with an RBI in Estrellas’ 2-1 win over Gigantes Saturday night in the Dominican championship series. Gigantes leads the best-of-nine game series, 4-3. Game 8 will be played Sunday.
* Cubs manager Joe Maddon was in Puerto Rico Saturday night to see Javier Baez go 1-for-4 and score a run in Santurce’s 6-0 win over Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican league championship series. The best-of-seven series is now tied at 2-2, and Game 5 is scheduled for Sunday.
* Junior Lake hit a solo homer in the fifth in Estrellas’ 5-1 loss to Gigantes in the Dominican Republic playoffs. Gigantes now leads the best-of-nine series, 3-2. Game 6 will be Friday.
* Javier Baez went 0-for-5 in Santurce’s 3-2, 14-inning win over Mayaguez in the Puerto Rico championship series. Baez was intentionally walked in the 14th with two outs and two on to set up a walk-off walk. The best of seven series is tied at one win apiece, and Game 3 will be Friday.
* In Venezuela, Wilson Conteras and Rubi Silva were a combined 0-for-7 in Aragua’s 6-1 win over Zulia. Aragua (7-8) plays La Guaira (5-10) on Thursday.
* Cubs prospect Wilson Contreras hit a two-run pinch-hit homer in a six-run fourth inning to lead Aragua to an 11-5 victory over La Guaira in the Venezuelan playoffs. Contreras went 2-for-3 in the game. He batted .242 in 80 games last season with Class A Daytona. Another Cubs prospect, Rubi Silva, was 2-for-4.
* Javy Baez was 0-for-4 in Santurce’s 8-2 loss to Mayaguez in the first game of the Puerto Rican championship series. Game 2 of the best-of-seven series will be played Wednesday.
* Junior Lake was 0-for-4 for Estrellas in a 5-3 loss to Gigantes in the Dominican league championship series. The best-of-nine series is tied at two wins apiece, and Game 5 will be played Wednesday.
* Junior Lake was 1-for-4 with a triple, but it wasn’t enough as Estrellas lost, 4-0, to Gigantes in the third game of the best of nine championship series in the Dominican Republic. Estrellas leads the series, 2-1. Lake now is 1-for-7 in the series.
* Santurce faces Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican league championship, with the best of seven series beginning Tuesday. Javier Baez was expected to rejoin Santurce and play in this series.
Junior Lake went 2-for-3 with a double and Robinson Cano drove in three runs in Estrellas 7-2 win over Gigantes Tuesday in the Dominican Republic round robin playoffs. Lake, who batted third and played center, scored from first on a two-run double to left by Cano in the fourth. Estrellas plays Aguilas on Wednesday.
* Javier Baez was 1-for-3, scoring two runs and drawing two walks, in Santurce’s 10-4 loss Sunday to Carolina in the Puerto Rican league playoffs. No K’s. Santurce is now 5-2 in the round robin playoffs, and scheduled to play Caguas on Monday. Baez is 7-for-30 with six Ks in the seven playoff games so far.
* Christian Villanueva was 0-for-3 in Obregon’s 6-1 loss to Jalisco in the first game of the Mexican league best-of-seven semifinals. Game 2 will be Monday night.
* Junior Lake was 1-for-5 with an RBI single in the third in Estrellas 7-1 win over Gigantes in the Dominican Republic league playoffs. No games are scheduled Monday.
* Javier Baez was 3-for-5, scored three runs and hit a double in Santurce’s 10-0 win over Carolina to improve to 5-1 in the Puerto Rican league playoffs. Santurce plays Caguas on Saturday.
* Christian Villanueva was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in Obregon’s 7-2 loss to Mexicali in the deciding seventh game of the best of seven playoffs in Mexico. Obregon had opened a 3-1 lead in the series.
* Junior Lake was 2-for-4 with one RBIs in Estrellas 4-3 win over Aguilas in the Dominican Republic. Lake delivered an RBI single with one out in the eighth. Estrellas faces Los Toros on Saturday.
Javier Baez went 1-for-5 (and didn’t strike out) in Santurce’s 8-1 victory over Mayaguez in Puerto Rico on Friday in the first game of the round robin playoffs.
In the Dominican Republic playoffs, Junior Lake hit a RBI double in the seventh but it wasn’t enough as Estrellas lost, 4-3, to Gigantes.
Christian Villanueva went 2-for-5 in Obregon’s 7-3 loss Friday to Los Mochis in Mexican winter ball. Villanueva is batting .254.
Junior Lake drew two walks and scored a run in Estrellas’ 2-1 win Friday over Licey in the Dominican Republic. Lake is batting .241. Arismendy Alcantara was 0-for-3 for Licey in the game, and is batting .235 this winter. He’s been playing both center field and second base.
Manny Ramirez is playing for Aguilas in the DR, and batting .289 in 22 games with four home runs and 18 RBIs.
On a side note, former Cubs prospects Brooks Raley and Austin Bibens-Dirkx squared off in the Dominican. Neither got a decision. Bibens-Dirkx gave up one run on four hits over five innings for Toros del Este, while Raley gave up one run on eight hits and two walks for Gigantes del Cibao. Bibens-Dirkx is now in the Blue Jays organization, and Raley is in the Angels’ system.
Jonathan Mota was 1-for-3 with a double and scored a run for Senadores while John Andreoli was 0-for-5 in a 3-2 loss to Caguas in Puerto Rico. Mota was batting .250, while Andreoli was hitting .224 in winter ball.